ISO 14001:2015 ConsultantsISO 14001:2015 Certification
ISO 14001:2015 specifies requirements for an environmental management system to enable an organization to develop and implement a policy and objectives which take into account legal requirements and other requirements to which the organization subscribes, and information about significant environmental aspects. It applies to those environmental aspects that the organization identifies as those which it can control and those which it can influence. It does not itself state specific environmental performance criteria.
ISO 14001:2015 is applicable to any organization that wishes to establish, implement, maintain and improve an environmental management system, to assure itself of conformity with its stated environmental policy, and to demonstrate conformity with ISO 14001:2015 by
• Making a self-determination and self-declaration, or
• Seeking confirmation of its conformance by parties having an interest in
the organization, such as customers, or
• Seeking confirmation of its self-declaration by a party external to the
• Seeking certification/registration of its environmental management
system by an external organization.
All the requirements in ISO 14001:2015 Certificate are intended to be incorporated into any environmental management system. The extent of the application will depend on factors such as the environmental policy of the organization, the nature of its activities, products and services and the location where and the conditions in which it functions.
Benefits of ISO 14001:
• Reduction in cost of waste management
• Savings in consumption of energy and materials
• Saving of distribution costs
• Improved corporate image among regulators, customers and the public
• Continual improvement of environmental performance
The ISO 14001:2015 standard monitors actions that impact the environment and document programs that include the training of employees on regulations and work practices to minimize the potential for an environmental incident. As with ISO 9001, companies certified under ISO 14001:2015 are subject to an outside audit on a regular basis to ensure the continuing compliance with the requirements of the standard.
ISO 14001:2015 Consultants by State